I’m always on the hunt for dinner options that are fun, easy, and the whole family likes. These crispy chicken taquitos fit the bill. They are perfect served with a simple guacamole and pico de gallo. Baking these gives the crunch I was craving without having to deep fry and grease up my whole kitchen.
My toddler loved smearing guacamole on these and eating them like corn on the cob, for some reason. To each their own.
If you are not familiar with canned green chilis, they are incredibly mild. They mainly add a vinegary kick to the chicken mixture with little heat. I really enjoy their flavor.
Baked Chicken Taquitos
1/2 cup avocado oil mayonnaise
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
3/4 Tablespoon Sriracha sauce
2 Tablespoons canned green chilis
2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
12 white corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425° and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Add mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, paprika, Dijon, Sriracha, and green chilis to large bowl. Stir to combine. Add chicken and stir.
- Warm tortillas 2-3 at a time in microwave to soften.
- Place 2 Tablespoons chicken filling in each tortilla, roll, and place on baking sheet.
- Spray or brush each taquito with avocado oil. Continue with remaining tortillas.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned and crispy. Serve warm with guacamole and pico de gallo.